Saturday, January 15, 2011

Understanding Readings and Readers

READERS ARE PEOPLE TOO

private readings available HERE


     I cannot tell you how many times a client, usually a new client, comes to me and assumes I'm all knowing.  As if I'm a magick 8 ball that they can shake and get whatever answer falls out.  I assure you, that is NOT who I am, and I'm not a production line type of reader. In fact, HATE those kind of readings!  Let me explain why...

As an empath and as a spiritual advisor I read energy. I do use tarot to assist me in time frames and also the action of another. However, that being said, my job is to give the messages that come through.

I know that in the age of internet and new technology a client has a plethora of sites and others who are "gifted" who can assist them.  The accessibility is immense.  However, I am not able to give readings in this manner as that is not how I operate, nor am I comfortable with doing so. 

Back in the day, prior to internet and all the other avenues of which to access spiritual advise, a client would come for a reading, sit down, ground and center and then ask their question.  As I began the reading, I was alotted the luxury of speaking as the messages flowed.  I sometimes ramble as they come in quickly, other times I am trying to read what is before me accurately as it may be a bit fuzzy.  The client would sit and listen, I'd either tape the session so they could replay it later, or the client would take notes of importance in the reading.  Seldom was I interrupted, and usually the messages came through fast, and accurately.  At the end of the reading, or before moving onto another area, I would ask the client, "Do you have any questions, or need clarity on what just came through?" And if they did, we'd address it, I'd go deeper, or we'd simply move forward with the next area and next set of messages. 

But, nowadays, due to the high price of per minute charges, a client comes in with a list of questions, doesn't allow me to get all the information, but continually interrupts me as I'm delivering what I have for them.  It breaks the flow, it makes me switch gears rather fast, and though I'm able to do it, I loathe it.  It wears me out.  My energy becomes very aggravated.  It feels as if I'm spun in a circle then made to walk in a straight line.  I get very annoyed, and aggitated and my energy becomes scrambled and it WILL make me end our session short if it's too much.  I usually tell the client, please don't interrupt as I have more messages for you on this question, or please do not jump around like that as it is not good for the flow, and if they continue, I clam up, the messages stop and/or I simply refuse to read this situation.

I do understand that money is a factor in this jumping around.  People want all their questions answered, and they may have limited funds.  If that is the case, I do understand and sympathize, but in all honesty you are only robbing yourself!  I say this because you are NOT getting the entire message, you will then act upon what is given to you.  You may feel even more confused after the reading because it was not clear or it was not a full, direct answer.  So it is very, very important, PRIOR to your reading to sit for a moment, not allow emotion, fear or any other overwhelming feeling to control you.  Sit, ground, breathe deep and become clear yourself.  Sit with pen in hand and jot down ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU HAVE...then, if your funds are limited, pick 2 or 3 that are of the most important.  If you want to know about your relationship, simply stick to that. And when you go to your advisor, ask them clearly what you wish to know, and LISTEN to what they are saying.  If you allow your advisor to speak and allow the flow to move forward, you will not only have THAT question answered, but most of the time she/he will answer questions you haven't even asked yet.  If you allow the flow, you get such an indepth answer to each question.  Before you jump in with the "...but...and....will..." LISTEN because I guarantee you, if you are getting a reading with me, I will be giving you more information about that person than you ever thought to ask about.

There are key elements to receiving a great reading and getting what you pay for.  It's important to be clear about what you want to know.  Most times a client is confused and that confusion can cloud your own hearing.  When you are nervous, frenetic, upset, depressed, or low energy you are not hearing what is being said, rather you're hearing your fear, and it's very important you listen to what he/she (the advisor) is TRULY saying.  A great many clients repeat what I said back to me, and taken it completely out of context and I have to re-explain because their fear got in the way, that is a time waster and money sucker as well.  TAKE NOTES...DO NOT ADLIB...If you are NOT clear on what they are saying then state that, and if they are rambling in a direction off topic, end the call.  It's important that you know what you want, I cannot state this loud enough.

Secondly, understand that advisors (readers) are people too. We have high energy days and low ones.  We have more than one client.  We have some that are searching for a better path (I love those clients because they are truly taking control of their own lives and willing to do the work at hand), and there are others going through a very intense and difficult time in their lives and require more attention.  So please understand there are days that your advisor may not be available as we need time to rejuvenate and regain our energy.  If we are deprived of this, the readings will falter and you do not want that!

WHY I BLOCK A CLIENT

I have blocked certain clients for different reasons, most times it has been due to their beligerance.  First and foremost, respect what it is I do. I am 45 yrs old, a single mother, and I've spent over 20 years studying, going to seminars, taking classes, and eating, sleeping and breathing metaphysics and learning how to perfect the gift I have.  I did NOT go out and just buy a deck of tarot cards and learn their meanings and open shop.  I actually have been empathic all my life, and didn't start to do this professionally until 6 yrs ago.  Ethically, I had a problem with doing so.  But when I learned more and became more and more comfortable with what I am, I decided to enter this profession to assist and to guide.  I strive to empower, and motivate others and teach them the tools to get what it is they want and need out of their lives. My goal was to help YOU...not just to give you answers about your love life, but tools to assist you in not wasting your time on psychic vampires or negative aspects, but to focus on your assets, your goals and yourself.  Basically to put YOURSELF first and foremost! 

So, when I'm spoken to rudely, or someone starts calling me names, blaming me for another readers bad reading, or trying to bully me during a reading, I care NOT about a rating, I will simply end the call and block you.

Another reason I have blocked some clients had to do with my being able to not help them.  They are requiring far too much and/or becoming dependent on a reading or reader to get them through the day.  I'm trying to save them money, and I'm also not feeling comfortable with this any longer.  I will try numerous times to turn the client around and help them see how unhealthy it is, but more times than not, they don't care, and I, in good conscience, cannot continue with them for I feel it's taking advantage of the situation.  Ethically, and karmically, I won't do it.

And, I will be very honest here, others my cringe at me saying it, but I tend to be brutally honest, if I connect with you and I don't like your energy, I feel there is a manipulation or vindictiveness about a client, or I feel they are highly unethical or lack integrity or a moral compass, I will close session immediately and block.  I take on energy and THAT is energy I simply will not absorb nor read.  If I do not like YOU...I will not read for you.  I make no apology.  Those clients are few. I think I've blocked maybe 3 in the whole 6 yrs of reading professionally due to not liking a person's energy.  It's rare.

So, to recap this never-ending blog for today lol, my best advice is to be clear about what you want in your life, work your questions specifically, take notes and try to remain patient as the advisor begins the reading and flows with the messages.  Sometimes an advisors guides or even their tarot or any other form of divination may have messages for you that are MORE important than the question at hand, things you may be wise to listen to.  Not every question is answered sometimes, as we are sometimes not meant to give you these answers but a lesson is in store for you that MUST be learned in order for you to evolve. If that happens, where the reader cannot give you a yes or no, then it's wise to ask "what is my lesson?"  That may be more helpful.

Love and light...
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment