Sunday, June 13, 2010

Esbat: New Moon & Casting

The New Moon entered last night as Gemini, yet today it's floating in Cancer which is an exceptional time to focus on work (spell work) you plan to do regarding home, family, protection, and security. 

New Moons are auspicious times and quite powerful when working on attracting or focusing on new endeavors such as a new relationship or new business. 

What is so great about the New Moon is it opens you up and gives you the energy needed to consecrate any implements or tools you are going to use during the waxing moon.  The waxing moon that follows is the time to "build energy" (at least this is what I use it for).  Think of it as a practice run.  The time to plan out what work you will be doing when our Full Moon (the pair moon this time) comes around. 

During the waxing moon, I gather all my tools, herbs, implements, candles and oils and I start to annoint and consecrate them.  I'm in no rush and tend to think long and hard about what it is I want to manifest.  I focus on my intent and raising this energy. 



As we shift from the New Moon (lasting roughly 2.4 days) we enter into the waxing phase.  It is building into the Full Moon.  I take this time, as I said to focus on my intent of manifestation.

CHOOSING MY SPELLWORK:  I sit and ponder what it is I'm wanting to bring about.  At this juncture I'm focusing on prosperity and abundance in all areas of my life (Financial, Love & Inner Peace).

CHOOSING MY TOOLS/IMPLEMENTS:  This is the time I purchase all needed supplies and I do research the best herbs, candle colors and oils to use in my ritual work.  Keep in mind, those practicing the Craft need not be bound by what books or articles say. In fact, concocting your own spells is the best way to gain power with the work you do.  Believing in yourself and knowing what you know, is really the way to do it. Too many times a dedicant or even the novice witch gets hung up on what a book says.  For example; Patchouli is suppose to be potent for a great many spells, I, on the other hand, loathe the smell of it and won't work with it, I then substitute with an herb or oil, I feel, works for me.  This is how you learn, and it's also the first step in creating your BOS (book of shadows/ grimoire).  Keeping track and logging every process is what you should be putting into your BOS, and sitting back and waiting for the results, chronicling how they worked, manifested, fell flat, or took off is imperative.  So, please, to the novice or beginning, do not get hung up on using "devils shoestring" if you cannot find it, and giving up....substitute herbs/oils you feel a connection to. Remember, the key to spell work is your believe and intent, not someone esles, only YOURS!

 WRITING OUT MY SPELL: After purchasing the tools I need, I then sit and think about what it is I want to manifest. I then write out a small verse or affirmation (incantation) that I will reflect on, focus on, then use during the ritual.  It will be one of the single most important tools you have. For this is your spell. This is what you wish to create. So take your time with this and be clear. Being vague and then doing the ritual work to bring this about will have the universe and the god/goddess you invoke a bit confused. You must be clear in your wish. 

I write this on a piece of parchment, and depending on the work I'm doing it will either be recited a few time during the work, or it will be slept with for the duration of the waxing moon, then burned during the ritual.

  Annointing and Consecrating Your Tools:  I have a habit of using my witches oil or annointing oils. If you need these supplies, please see the recommended websites I have listed on the right side of my page (Azure Green or Sacred Mist). And make sure they are essential oils, not fragrance oils.  If you cannot afford or do not have time to order these, fear not...simply grab some olive oil or even baby oil (I use to use Almond Oil that I'd buy at the grocery store, even vegetable oil, it doesn't matter) and bless it and fill it with energy before using it.  Then annoint your tools with this. 

When I annoint my tools/implements I meditate first and visualize how my spell will go, and then, when feeling in a good, grounded and centered place, I begin to annoint.  I sit and have all tools in front of me, picking up each one, closing my eyes and filling each with the energy and intent needed. Mostly I am cleansing them from previous intent or just from them laying dormant and unused.  If you purchased anything new (candles) it's very important to cleanse them as you do not want anothers energy on them. 

I make the sign of the pentacle and say my own little blessing of each. I tap it three times prior to drain it of unwanted energy and then I pass it over the four elements. I hold it and energize it with the intent. Then I tap it three times to seal it with the new energy. 

When I consecrate/annoint candles I hold them sideways.  If I want to draw something TO me, the wick faces me and I annoint with the oil from the end of the candle, drawing my finger up to the wick with the oil I'm using. Not going back and forth, just toward me. If I want to repel something, and I"m using this candle, I then push the oil away from me, wick facing the opposite direction.  (but that's just me lol). 

  HERBS:  If I'm using herbs for that extra oomph, I then roll my annointed candle in the herbs. You dont have to cover the candle in it, just rolling it so some sticks is just fine. I use the herbs later to sprinkle on top of the lit flame to add more energy and more spark to it.

  VISUALIZATION:  As the moon is waxing/building, each night before I sleep I recite my incantation and get myself in that magickal place. I visualize, intensely what I wish to bring forth. I see it, I hear it, I taste it, I feel it on every single level.  I ask those I'm calling upon to hear me and do my bidding for me.

  Sacred Space:  On the last day of the waxing moon, I then set up my altar. I get it ready for show time lol....I make sure my altar cloth is clean and blessed. I clean everything around my altar.  I have all implements in their dutiful place and I place the candles needed where they should be.  I use the elements and I call upon the Guardians of the Watchtower, each witch is different, so do as you please. But the last day of the waxing moon is my final prep time and gives me time to get any last minute things I will need when it's time for me to do my ritual work.  I always forget something, so be it lol....

 On the day of the spell: I take a cleansing and calming bath and focus on what it is I am getting ready to call up and request.  I use oils and herbs in the bath that reflect my intent and I sit silent and start to raise my own power.  I do not dry off, I simply wrap a towel around and air dry for the most part letting the oils and herbs stick to me.  Then I dress in something comfortable (normally my yoga pants or pj's...ya thought I'd say my hooded cloak didn't you? lol...Nope those are only for my sabbats)....I then sit at my altar....I cast my circle and my ritual begins.

**** It's important to note that the major and most important key here is YOUR BELIEF...YOUR WILL....YOUR INTENT...THAT IS YOUR POWER.  You don't need to be a wiccan, a witch or anything of the kind, and I cannot stress enough how much spells DO work.  You may not see the signs of it right off the bat, but I cannot stress enough that everytime you focus intently on something you desire, SOMETHING IS GOING TO MANIFEST. So it's truly important, for your own karma and your own integrity and ethics that you perform spell work with perfect love and perfect trust, no malice of ill intent, but pure of heart without viciousness.  Yes, witches do believe in justice and we are not beyond sending a little sheeny to someone who has pissed us off, but we do not do so to harm, we simply send back what has been sent to us, and we do so swiftly.  We DO NOT challenge free will, ever...

No comments:

Post a Comment